September 25, 2021
Are you looking for an exciting direction to take your career? Opportunities in the energy industry offer just that: excitement! When you pursue a career in the energy industry, you’re not doing just a job—you are becoming a part of a team that keeps your friends and neighbors comfortable and happy, warm during the winters, and so much more. On top of that, you’re doing your part to protect the environment by promoting clean-burning fuels that produce fewer emissions than other fuels. You will receive high-tech training, which is especially appealing to those who like to work with their hands and solve problems.
The Connecticut energy industry is continually growing as demand for this affordable, environmentally friendly fuel becomes more popular, meaning job opportunities are abundant! You may be thinking “what would I do in the energy industry?” Well, there are a number of different career routes you can take and opportunities to fit all kinds of interests. Here are a few of the in-demand positions you can explore:
Career Routes in the Connecticut Energy Industry
- HVAC Service Technician: As a service technician, you’ll actually work on energy equipment for homes and businesses, and when problems arise for clients, you’ll be the one restoring the heat or hot water, making your customers incredibly grateful for your work.
- Delivery Driver: If you like to work on the go, this is a great opportunity. You’ll work with a variety of customers, delivering energy to homeowners, agricultural producers, businesses, and even fleet operators. This position comes with competitive pay and a work schedule that promotes a positive work-life balance.
- Customer Service Representative (CSR): Are you a people person? If you want to work directly with clients, this is the position for you! As a CSR in the energy industry, you’ll be an expert troubleshooter and leave customers feeling positive about the entire experience.
- Salesperson: Do you want to be an employee that actually helps business owners grow their business and build new clientele? As a salesperson, you’ll prospect, develop, and nurture relationships with potential clients and customers while actively seeking new opportunities for residential, agricultural, and commercial growth.
- Fuel Transport Driver: If you enjoy traveling and have a desire to travel for work and see parts of the country, then working as a transport driver offers a wonderful opportunity! You’ll be delivering energy to providers across the regional area.
- Service Management: Are you a team leader? Valuable leadership skills are indispensable in this industry! As a service manager, you’ll oversee a wide variety of employees that make energy businesses run.
- Apprenticeship and Internship: Whether you’re just starting your career or thinking about a career change, interns and apprentices get the chance to join a team that will guide them to success, empowering them to learn and grow in this great industry.
Get Started Today!
If you’re ready to kick-start your career in the Connecticut energy industry, create an account with Generation NEXT Energy Pros today, where you can start networking with businesses hiring in the energy industry.